It is cold, dreary, and just in general a yucky weather day here.... this dinner was PERFECT for tonight! Another plus was that it cost about $10 for the whole thing.... it fed four of us and we have leftovers for lunch another day this week.
I found this recipe at The Flowering Dogwood - it looks like she adapted the recipe from Real Simple Magazine. Liz has some wonderful recipes on her blog. My family gives this one a huge thumbs up.
- 8 small bone in, skin on chicken thighs
- 2 small yellow onions, cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 small sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons maple syrup
- 6 sprigs fresh thyme
- Heat oven to 400° F.
- Rinse the chicken and pat it dry. Arrange the chicken, onion, and sweet potatoes in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Drizzle the oil over the chicken and vegetables and season with the salt and pepper. Toss to coat. Drizzle with the maple syrup and top with the sprigs of thyme.
- Roast, stirring the vegetables once, until the chicken is cooked through, about 1 hour, 15 minutes. Let rest for 10 minutes before serving.