I know I usually do a dinner recipe post on Wednesdays, but last night my daughter came to me with a cookbook and a recipe she wants to try for breakfast this morning. My husband bought her this cookbook at a book fair when she was in a three year old class at preschool, and she has used it so much - and I love that she is nine and still pulls it out for ideas!
The Strawberry Shortcake Berry Yummy Cookbook really a has a lot of very good recipes in it, and since it is for kids they are simple! Her favorite recipes are Smiley Face Pizzas (Bagel Pizzas), Fruit Ka-Bobs, and Huckleberry's Hashbrown Bake. The whole cookbook would be a cute cooking curriculum for little ones because it talks about nutrition, food groups, and simple cooking techniques. The list of cooking terms in the front has been a good reference for my daughter.
On to the recipe:
1 cup milk
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp vanilla
1-2 teaspoons butter
8 slices bread
Measuring cups and spoons
Baking pan or casserole dish
1. In the large bowl whisk together the eggs, milk, cinnamon, and vanilla.
2. Pour the egg mixture into the baking pan or casserole dish.
3. In a large frying pan over medium-high heat, melt the butter.
4. Dip a piece of bread into the egg mixture, making sure to coat both sides.
5. Place the bread in the frying pan. Fry the bread on each side until it is golden-brown (about 2-3 minutes). Repeat for each piece of French toast.
6. Serve with butter and syrup or powdered sugar.