Wow - if I make it to dinner tonight it may be a miracle. (Not really, but I've been up since 5:15 a.m., which is very early for me!) I'm trying to become a lot better about taking care of myself, which includes early morning trips to work out at our YMCA. I have to admit, it really felt good getting up and out so early and listening to my 80s music play list while I was on the treadmill. My dear husband is heading to work a little later on these days so I can have the time to myself. I'm so lucky to have him.
So, all this is to say that I'm putting something in the crockpot today so that when dinnertime rolls around and I'm a zombie, dinner will still be ready!
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 15-ounce cans seasoned tomato sauce with diced tomatoes
- 1 15-ounce can chili beans with chili gravy
- 1 15-ounce can hominy or whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 1.25 ounce package taco seasoning mix
1. In a large skillet cook ground beef until meat is brown. Drain off fat.
2. In a 3-1/2- or 4-quart slow cooker combine the meat, tomato sauce, beans with chili gravy, undrained hominy, and taco seasoning mix.
3. Cover and cook on low-heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or on high-heat setting for 2 to 3 hours. Makes 4 to 6 main-dish servings (8 cups).
I'm going to serve this with some tortilla chips and sour cream.... it will be great for a really cold night!
*this recipe came from Better Homes & Gardens and can also be found on their website.