This week's Wednesday recipe is one many of you have probably made. If you're like me, however, sometimes I just like to get ideas for WHAT to make, because sometimes I forget about recipes I have made in the past!
Also, be sure to check out my "Recipes" tab at the top of the blog for more ideas!
My six year old is pretty picky, so I can adapt this meal by making some cheese quesadillas without going to extra trouble.... seems like whenever we have Mexican food it's always a hit with everyone! I will probably serve it with some corn or green beans and Spanish rice to round out the meal.
- 2 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 1/2 cups Shredded Colby & Monterey Jack Cheese, divided
- 1 cup salsa, divided
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 10 flour tortillas
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 medium tomatoes, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Mix chicken, sour cream, 1 cup of the cheese, 1/4 cup of the salsa, the cilantro and cumin until well blended.
- Spoon about 1/4 cup of the chicken mixture down center of each tortilla; roll up. Place, seam sides down, in 13x9-inch baking dish. Top with remaining 3/4 cup salsa; cover.
- Bake 30 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Top with lettuce and tomato just before serving.