Now that our first "official" day of schooling is drawing near (next Monday) I am having a lot of questions. There are a lot; and since they are for the most part unanswered they are driving me NUTS! Thought I'd share my list (maybe some of you other HS moms have these same questions).
- How and I going to fit everything in?
- Will I have enough time to get housework/cooking/cleaning done?
- Will I start to resent homeschooling when I listen to my friends talk about the things they do while their children are in "school"?
- Will I be able to juggle homeschooling and teaching piano lessons?
- When will I find the time to plan?
- When will there be time for ME? (should I be this selfish?)
- How am I going to find time to plan for and teach a co-op class?
- What happens when I am sick?
- Will my children be able to keep their friends and make new ones this year?
- What will be like homeschooling TWO children instead of just one?
- Will everyone think math is FUN?
So, all of these questions have been creeping into my mind the past couple of weeks, and then this morning at breakfast the kids and I did a devotion. It was about a flamingo standing on one leg and how a little boy wondered how one skinny leg could hold up a big bird (get where I'm going with this?)...such a "little" thing like prayer can do great things, just like the flamingo's little leg can hold him up.
That hit me like a ton of bricks -- why am I worrying about all of these unanswered questions?? Why am I not turning this over to God in prayer?