Wow - I received my very first blog award today - The Sunshine Award. A special thanks goes out to Tristan, over at Our Busy Homeschool, who bestowed this blogging honor upon me. I need to share 7 random things about myself, and then pass the award on to 7 other bloggers.
So, here are the 7 random things:
- When I was in college I dreamed of being a puppeteer for Sesame Street. (I really did... I could do a lot of the voices and everything)
- I love grilled peanut butter and jelly sandwiches.
- My parents have been married for 52 years.
- I can't stand it when my kids have a loose tooth - the whole thing just creeps me out.
- I have recently become addicted to blogging. I love to write and read blogs - it gives me inspiration and a sense of community with other homeschoolers.
- My ideal vacation would involve my husband, a beach, a stack of good books, and lots of sleeping.
- I can play the organ - used to play for churches to pay the rent back when I was making $23,000/yr. as a first year teacher (either that was a long time ago, or teachers are paid really bad -- I think it's both!)
- Amy at Little White Schoolhouse - I enjoy seeing all of her crafty projects. She inspires me to be more creative and artistic.
- Heather at Blog, She Wrote - Heather does Five In A Row with her children and has tons of wonderful ideas. I think she must know everything about workboxes, too. Hers was one of the first blogs I followed.
- Amy at The Mantooth Family Story - Homeschooling and Beyond - Amy writes a touching blog and always offers a spiritual gem when I read her posts.
- Jen at Home Is Where You Start From - Jen is homeschooling 5 kids in Southern California and I love the photos on her blog. She is the host of the L.E.N.S. photo challenge.
- Jamie at See Jamie Blog - Jamie also had one of the first blogs I ever followed and she was helpful to me in the beginning. I love reading about adoption and their family, and I really love her schoolroom.
- Melissa at A Stable Beginning - Melissa has five girls she homeschools and I just love the design of her blog. Looking at her blog inspires me. She has a great area for school, too - with so many books!
- Rebecca at Mom's Mustard Seeds - Rebecca has been a friend of mine for the past ten years. We began homeschooling at about the same time. I admire what she has accomplished in the past year and her faithful walk with God.
So, that's it. I hope you get a chance to visit these blogs and leave them a comment to let them know they are appreciated!