I love Theresa's idea of starting a Thankful Thursday Linkup at Three Thinking Mothers. I wanted to get this post out quickly, as we have co op today. It is also my 40th birthday, and I have been thinking a lot about my blessings.
1. I'm thankful for forty years of wonderful living... thankful for my mom and dad who guided me through the first half of my life. I had one of those kind of childhoods that was a fairytale - two parents who loved me and a mom who stayed home and was devoted to her children 110%. She is the kind of mom that makes Halloween costumes... how many moms do that now days?
2. I'm also so very thankful that God brought my husband into my life at the age of 23. Believe me, I had gone through a couple of "toads" before I found my prince. Little did I know what kind of man he would become and how he complements me perfectly.
3. I am thankful for my children - when I first became a mother (at age 29) I thought I knew it all. I returned to work and believed I could live the American dream of keeping my career and having a family, too. I'm so glad God hit me over the head and made me quit my job just two days after I returned from maternity leave!
4. I am thankful for the humbling experience of homeschooling my children. I know I am learning more than they are, and we are walking in faith together each and every day. Some days I can't believe God entrusted them to ME. How powerful is that?
5. Finally, I am thankful for just being here. Life is short and we don't know the number of our days. I'm trying to live life to the fullest and walk in His light... many days I fail, but I am grateful for new mercies each morning!
(Oh, and I'm thankful for hairdressers who can get my hair to straighten---wish I could do this on my own!)
I think life after 40 is going to be pretty good!
What are you thankful for? Link up with Three Thinking Mothers each Thursday during the month of November!