Allrecipes.com strikes again! I get their daily recipe email, and last week Chicken Cordon Bleu popped up. I had just planned to make some basic chicken breasts, but then I realized I had all of the ingredients on hand, so I changed the menu. These chicken breasts were so easy and delicious! The meal would be a great joint effort between mom and kids, too.
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 1/2 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Coat a 7x11 inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Pound chicken breasts to 1/4 inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece of chicken on both sides with salt and pepper. Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on top of each breast. Roll up each breast, and secure with a toothpick. Place in baking dish, and sprinkle chicken evenly with bread crumbs.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove from oven, and place 1/2 cheese slice on top of each breast. Return to oven for 3 to 5 minutes, or until cheese has melted. Remove toothpicks, and serve immediately.
What's for dinner in your house tonight? Please link up below and share! Feel free to grab my button from the sidebar to use in your post!