I'm getting closer to reaching my goal of 1,000 gifts counted. I'm grateful for the opportunity. These posts are for ME. I realize very few people read them. I just like to count my many blessings each week. Today's list has a few bigger THINGS I'm thankful for... they make our lives easier and sometimes I think we just take them for granted. We try to be smart about the money God has entrusted us with, so maybe you'll see these things and consider them for yourself, too.
Visit A Holy Experience if you'd like some inspiration today.
671. a week of spring break, then 28 more days of homeschool and we have officially completed year #2!
672. a busy weekend, and so many opportunities for my children to have fun and feel loved
673. two service opportunities literally falling into my email box, after I blogged about wanting to know how we could do MORE to help those in need
674. the bond my husband and son share - every boy needs his dad, and my husband is always there for his son - what a lucky little boy GMan is!
676. ten very excited little boys wearing eye black and smacking wads of chewing gum in their mouths, reading for opening day
677. a very fun Sunday School class yesterday - even though my daughter's class beat the parents in Bible trivia - we all had a lot of fun and learned so much!
678. little boys that go so hard all day they literally fall asleep right where they are
679. crispy maple bacon
680. my breadmaker, a gift from my father-in-law - we had yummy white bread yesterday and are making banana bread today!
682. a special friend who sits behind me at church
683. the laughter our church family shares each week as the children (and adults) interact with Dexter the puppet during the children's sermon
684. the people who have touched our lives, but now will be moving due to military base closures in our area - a dear friend and a piano teacher will be leaving us
685. fuel efficient cars - we LOVE our Honda Fit... such a great purchase by my husband a few years ago when they first came out - little did we know how much money it would save us!
686. my best friend, the Maytag top loading energy efficient washing machine - it holds A TON OF STUFF
688. salted peanuts
689. Dave Ramsey's financial plan - I never realized how much money we were wasting until we started - it's like a compulsion now to save money
690. my friends at co-op and the wisdom they provide each week
691. free resources on the internet - I almost believe I could homeschool for FREE if I tried hard enough
692. so much new knowledge about social media and blogging - and a couple of blogging friends who support me, and a husband who thinks its all soooo cool
693. the Kindle for iPad app and all the free books we can get
694. my parents, and knowing they are happy in their new home - their independence sometimes frustrates me, but I realize they are this way to alleviate the burden their children would bear one day - they are so wise
695. my nephew - graduating in just a few weeks from Colgate University - and the example he sets for my children
696. hard rains that wash away pollen
697. meteorologists, who let us know when weather is getting bad in our area (which it has been the past few days)
698. being spare the grapefruit sized hail so many people in our county experienced over the weekend
699. total QUIET on a rainy morning, knowing the day is unscheduled and free
700. Life cereal