Earlier this school year, I found a program called "Discover Spanish". My nine year old was taking Spanish classes for homeschoolers, and I was interested in an online program that would supplement her learning. The people at Discover Spanish graciously offered me a subscription to their online program in return for a review of their product. After a year of using the program, I'd like to report to you on what we thought, as well as offer one lucky reader a subscription to Discover Spanish!
The creators of Discover Spanish describe the program as :
"The original language learning system that makes use of a building block approach
to teach practical conversational skills. Immerse yourself in 36 interactive
lessons that are fast, fun, and easy!"
Discover Spanish can be used a stand alone curriculum, or as a supplement. It is designed for ages 9-99 and is equal to two years of Middle School Spanish or one year of High School Spanish. If you have a visual learner, this will be just the thing for learning Spanish! The lessons are engaging, and you can practice skills as many times as you want, with immediate feedback.
I encourage you to visit the Discover Spanish website to fully explore the program, and even try a demo lesson for free!
A one year subscription is $54.95, and then you can also download their podcasts to your .mp3 player to review on the go. Discover Spanish suggests just 15 minutes a day with the program to be on your way to learning Spanish.
- We were so happy to be able to use this program. This program, in addition to my daughter's Spanish lessons, gave her a very good introduction to the language. I do believe it would benefit her even more if she was just a little bit older.
- The quick pace of the lessons and short amount of time required were great!
- The additional podcasts can reinforce learning and can be listened to to any time, anywhere.
The creators of Discover Spanish are giving away a one year subscription to their program to one lucky reader. This contest will be open until Thursday, June 16 at 8 p.m. Please be sure to leave a valid email address or way for me to contact you in the comments section!
Ways to enter:
- Become a follower of Homegrown Learners on GFC (or tell me if you already follow) and comment.
- Tweet this giveaway and leave the link in the comments.
- Visit Language Treks (Discover Spanish) on FB and like them, leaving me a comment.
- Follow Discover Spanish on Twitter, leaving me a comment.
- Try the free online sample lesson, and leave me your impressions in a comment.
Disclosure: Our family was given a free trial of this product for review purposes. We received no compensation from it and all opinions and experiences within this review are expressly ours.