I like to have a repertoire of easy weeknight meals.
When a recipe is a time saver, a money saver, and everyone LOVES it, then I know it's a keeper.
Meatless Manicotti is a huge hit in our house.
I keep all of my recipes in Plan To Eat. It's an easy way for me to look back and see what I've planned and when. I simply drag and drop the recipe onto the planner and the ingredients I need are AUTOMATICALLY added into my grocery list, which I can then easily print or view on my smartphone.
Meatless Manicotti took me about 20 minutes to assemble. An older child could easily help you with it.
It also includes spinach, which is a bonus!
Easy Meatless Manicotti
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese divided
- 1 (16-ounce) carton fat-free cottage cheese
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained and squeezed dry
- 1/4 cup (1 ounce) grated fresh Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (8-ounce) package manicotti 14 shells
- 1 (26-ounce) jar fat-free tomato-basil pasta sauce
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup water
Preheat oven to 375°.
Combine 1 1/2 cups mozzarella, cottage cheese, and the next 5 ingredients (through black pepper) in a medium bowl. Spoon about 3 tablespoons cheese mixture into each uncooked manicotti. Pour half of tomato-basil pasta sauce into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray. Arrange stuffed shells in a single layer over sauce, and top with the remaining sauce. Pour 1 cup water into dish. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup mozzarella evenly over sauce. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 375° for 1 hour or until shells are tender. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Click for the recipe for Easy Meatless Manicotti. (You will be able to print the recipe in your favorite format - another feature of Plan to Eat that I love!)