Do you use audio books and adventures in your homeschool?
I'm pleased to be able to share with you one of our very favorite audio series - one that we have been falling in love with this summer (as we've been spending LOADS of time in the car!).
If you read this blog often you will know that I'm not a huge product endorsement person - we have to use something and truly LOVE IT if I will recommend it to my readers.
Well, the following audio adventures have made the cut! I hope you enjoy our review, and make sure to read all the way to end for a very special discount code.
About Jonathan Park Audio Adventures
We've long been fans of audio BOOKS in our homeschool, but Jonathan Park Audio ADVENTURES aren't books at all - they are truly ADVENTURES!
Unlike audio books, the adventures are full fledged dramas - complete with sound effects, music, and dynamic characters. All of this leads to a vivid picture in your imagination, which you sometimes don't get with audio books.
We were pleased to receive The Adventure Begins Series Pack.
This includes four albums of the first adventure: The Secret of the Hidden Cave, African Safari, Art Heist Adventure, and Mystery at Dead Man's Curve. Each adventure is broken into three 20-25 minute sections, which makes for manageable listening.
(Jonathan Park has SEVEN adventures series total - so there is plenty of listening still to be done!)
In my opinion, these dramas are best geared towards elementary and middle grades students.
Each adventure series pack is $59.99 and is available in digital or physical CD format.
Listen to this short sample and hear for yourself the high quality of these audio adventures:
Why We Like Jonathan Park Audio Adventures
This summer we have spent A LOT of time in the car. We love to use this time to LEARN rather than to play on devices or just listen to the radio. I am always searching for worthwhile audios to keep my children engaged and learning.
With the Jonathan Park Audio Adventures our time was put to excellent use as my children learned about science concepts:
- The Evolutionary Tree
- Convergent Evolution
- The Laws of Energy
- Design of the Water Cycle
These science concepts were interwoven with Biblical truths:
- Returning Good for Evil
- Showing Kindness
- Consequences of Sin
More reasons we enjoyed the audio adventures:
- The adventures were just that - ADVENTURES! They kept my 11 year old son interested and engaged - each segment was approximately 20-25 minutes which was the perfect length for our attention span.
- The adventures equipped my children to defend their faith. Each adventure presents evidence for Creation. It gives us solid arguments to make when defending our faith and view points.
- The adventures taught us a lot about science and how it relates to our faith. As my children get older I am finding that this is especially important - yes, you can be a person of faith and science at the same time. They aren't mutually exclusive.
- The adventures include supplemental activities, found on the Jonathan Park site. Once we were at home and had some down time, I printed out the coloring pages and word searches for my son to complete. We sat and talked about the adventures while he was working - a casual way to learn and dialog.