I always strive to get "ready" for the week to come... it actually feels like I'm spending the whole weekend preparing. When the weekend began my husband and I had a pretty big to do list, but guess what? The stars aligned, we all worked together, and it all GOT DONE!
This weekend has been very stress-free, fun, and productive. I thought I'd make a list of what I've accomplished that makes me feel ready to tackle a new homeschooling week (well, really just tackle a week in general):
- Everyone's laundry is done and put away
- The grocery shopping has been done and the menu planned for the week
- The house is reasonably clean and organized
- We finally cleaned and reorganized the pantry
- Everyone got to work out over the weekend - Miss B practiced her tennis with dad today, while GMan and I walked/jogged and played basketball
- We had a great dinner tonight - Crustless Spinach Quiche (check out the blog it came from!) Thank you to my husband for being the chef while I ironed and folded laundry.
- I know what everyone is tackling for school this week... especially grateful for a space lapbook Miss B will be working on!
- We all had a chance to rest and recharge today!
Now, I know this doesn't guarantee a wonderful, stress-free week, but it sure makes me feel like it's off to a good start. What does it take for you to feel ready for the week?