I've just finished the book "Growing Grateful Kids" and I would recommend the book for all parents to read. One of the most important things I learned from the book was that you cannot impart/teach what you yourself do not possess. If you don't have a spirit of gratefulness, how can you expect your children to have one?
Some days it isn't easy to find things to be grateful for, but I think if we keep our eyes fixed above it is quite easy. So, here's this week's list of what I am thankful for:
122. children cuddled in my bed during a thunderstorm
123. new friends
124. old friends
125. the way my family pulls together in times of difficulty
126. puppet shows
127. this new piece of music a piano student just gave me - I'm in love with it:
128. Starbucks coffe - I don't get it that often, but I love it when I do!
129. a good massage
130. a new haircut
131. a creative spirit that allows us to try new and fun things in our homeschool
132. animals that we see and stop to investigate