I'm trying a new recipe here at home tonight, but for the post today I wanted to share a recipe I made over the weekend. It was very EASY and delicious! We ate three meals from this (it makes a great lunch reheated), too. I'll preface things by saying my kids are not big spinach fans. Sometimes I can sneak it in, but it's pretty visible in this dish. Since it contains noodles, I simply saved some plain noodles out for my children - buttered them and put parmesan cheese on top. They were happy with this, and I didn't have to go out of my way to fix something "extra".
Hope you like this recipe - it is a "keeper" in our house!
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken strips, cut into strips
8 oz. frozen chopped spinach
1 4 oz. can mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup parmesan cheese
1 teaspoon lemon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
2 cups chicken broth
2 T corn starch
1 8 oz. brick low-fat cream cheese
12 oz. whole wheat pasta, cooked according to package directions.
1. Place chicken, mushrooms, and spinach in a greased slow cooker.
2. Mix chicken broth, parmesan cheese, and spices. Pour over chicken mixture.
3. Cook on high for 3 hours or on low for 6 hours.
4. Stir in cream cheese, until smooth.
5. Add pasta, and cook for 10 minutes or until heated through.
What's for dinner at YOUR house tonight? Do you have any favorite "go-to" places for recipes? I'd love to know!