It has been our pleasure to review Christian Kids Explore Biology, from Bright Ideas Press. We have used The Young Scholar's Guide to Composers and enjoyed it very much, so I was excited when I was asked to review another of their products.
- Christian Kids Explore Biology is composed of 35 lessons, each designed to be completed in a week. (This is EASILY achieved, especially with the early lessons).
- The lessons are Biology Basics, Bird, Plants, Mammals, Humans, Water Creatures, Reptiles and Insects. It is the perfect beginning biology study that does not speak of Evolution!
- Each lesson has a Teaching Time and a Hands On Time. Everything is laid out specifically for you, the teacher, before and during each lesson. I appreciated that nothing is left to chance. The Hands On Time is wonderful! If you don't like coming up with your own hands on activities, this book has laid it all out for you.
- Everything that is printable is available in .pdf format - perfect for if you want your children to create a notebook or create multiple copies in your homeschool.
- Depending on your homeschool, you may want to supplement with suggested readings and activities. We never stick to the script 100%, so I found myself picking and choosing what we would do. My first grader listened in with us, so I thought the age range could be lowered a bit as well.
- The curriculum is designed for 3rd-6th graders is available for $34.95.
See for yourself:
Table of Contents
Sample Week - Bird Diets
Sample Reading List
In short, I felt this curriculum provides a solid, well thought-out introduction to Christian Biology. For $34.95 you receive a full year of lesson plans and supplemental activities for your elementary aged child. It gets a huge two thumbs up from our homeschool!
You can also see what other TOS reviewers are saying about this book, as well as other books from Bright Ideas Press here.
Disclaimer:I received the above named product from TOS Crew in return for my honest review. I have not been compensated in any other form.