In our homeschool co-op many years ago I taught a LEGO class to twelve second and third grade children. What fun we had!
One week we called "Mini-Fig Week". They each received their very own minifigure and also played a game with their minifigures. In addition, I will gave them a Create Your Own Minifig to design and color.
You wouldn't believe what a HIT this was!
Fun Activities with LEGO® Minifigures
- Keep a bucket of nothing but Mini Figure parts handy and let your child build while you read aloud... it's amazing the Medieval Knights, Railroad Workers, Samuraii, and other historical characters they will create!
- Use the printable I have made for you and let your child create their own mini figure. Then, write a story about this character.
- Create dramas with mini figures.
- Get a copy of the LEGO Ideas Book and your child will be busy for a lifetime!
- Download a simple Stop Motion app for the iPad or iPod Touch and let your child experiment with this. Then, watch this video (made by a young man in our local homeschool group! Talk about inspiration!)
I don't see the LEGO phase waning any time soon, and I'm so glad. I have never seen a toy that is more fun, educational, and thought provoking.
Do you live with a LEGO maniac? What's their favorite thing to do with LEGOS?
You might also like: